- I will, as an arson investigator, regard myself as a member of an important and honorable profession.
- I will conduct both my personal and official life so as to inspire the confidence of the public.
- I will not use my profession and my position of trust for personal advantage or profit.
- I will regard my fellow investigators with the same standards as a hold for myself. I will never betray a confidence nor otherwise jeopardize their investigation.
- I will regard it my duty to know my work thoroughly. It is my further duty to avail myself of every opportunity to learn more about my profession.
- I will avoid alliances with those whose goals are inconsistent with an honest and unbiased investigation.
- I will make no claim to professional qualifications which I do not possess.
- I will share all publicity equally with my fellow investigators, whether such publicity is favorable or unfavorable.
- I will be loyal to my superiors, to my subordinates, and to the organization I represent.
- I will bear in mind always that I am a truth-seeker not a case maker; that it is more important to protect the innocent than to convict the guilty.
This link will take you to our parent IAAI website where you can view more information and discussion on the topic of ethics.