[This section of the website is under development and only archival information is presented here]
2016 is set to be a great year for the members of BC Chapter 15 of the International Association of Arson Investigators. Following the success of our 2015 Annual Training Conference at the RCMP Pacific Region Training Centre our new Board met and set a number of strategic goals
2016 Strategic Goals:
- Continue to seek and promote CFI certification opportunities for our members including continuing efforts to develop an expert witness course based on Canadian Law.
- Increase member communications and provide better advance notice of training sessions.
- Engage high quality speakers and provide more opportunities in the Province of BC.
- Improve hands in learning opportunities for those attending the Annual Training Conference.
- Encourage new memberships within our target sectors.
- Ensure compliance with new Non-Profit Society legislation coming into effect in 2016 and adopt a new Chapter 15 Constitution and Bylaws.
- Produce more articles and educational tools on our website for the membership.
2016 Training Opportunities and Website Improvements
Our Training and Education Committee will be lining up some fantastic speakers for training seminars to be held in the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, Central Interior Regions of British Columbia.
We continue to revise the BC Chapter 15 IAAI website using feedback from the people who use it most with the goal of making it easier for you to access valuable online resources and to find the training information you’re looking for about arson investigation techniques and professional development opportunities.
Your Board of Directors is eager to serve the members of this Chapter. The continued dedication and commitment of all members of BC Chapter 15 IAAI is key to the reduction of arson and betterment of our membership. Please spread the word about the good things BC Chapter 15 IAAI is doing and direct your network of peers to our website www.bc-iaai.com. Please get involved with our Association by sending us an email outlining your ideas, concerns and how you would like to volunteer.
CFPS CFEI CFII FIT WETT
President BC Chapter 15 IAAI